Extreme Explosions at Explosion!
Explosion, Museum of Naval Firepower, at Priddy’s Hard, Gosport has some great activities planned for the weekend of the 23rd and 24th of July 2011. Bring the family and join us for a weekend of fun and science, including Rockets, Torpedoes, and of course Extreme Explosions!
There’s plenty to do throughout the day, with lots of ‘hands on’ activities for all the family, including: –
- Build your own Torpedo from everyday junk to test in our special pond.
- Demolish our target with fruit and veg fired from a mini-trebuchet. (It’s a bit like a catapult!)
- Compete to sink each other’s ‘battleship’ as the traditional game takes on a giant size, chemical twist.
- Can you crack the safe? Use Water Bombs to demolish our purpose built polystyrene wall safe.
- Balloon Bloodhounds – Can you design a balloon powered super car to travel at high speeds?
- Build a Rocket with the team from Action Stations in Portsmouth Historic Dockyard.
- Stick your fingers in your ears as the always-popular Wavy Navy fire the Museum’s big gun.
- And many more activities involving missiles, rockets and Explosions!!!
So for an unforgettable start to the Summer Holidays and a weekend of bangs and laughter, come and take part in ‘Extreme Explosions’ at Explosion Museum of Naval Firepower. Your ticket will also include free admission to Explosion’s award-winning galleries.
Tickets for this event can be purchased by telephone, dial 023 92 505600. 10% discount available for tickets purchased in advance, or full price on the gate (cash only). Family Ticket £20.00 (2 adults and upto 3 children). More information on this and other events can be found by visiting www.explosion.org.uk.